Friday, November 28, 2014

Curve Quilt

I finally have a few days to quilt! Although several projects are basted I'm not in the mood. Instead, I want to make a curve piece scrap quilt. Sherry Lynn Wood showed some when she spoke at our guild. She also has instructions on her website. Look for the Mod Mood Quilt button on the side. Other people have posted theirs on her Facebook group, Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters. In particular, Sue Kelly posted an interesting photo and explains more in her blog, Sizzlewaggle.

Since I don't have many solids, mine will look quite different. That's ok with me. Here's what I finished today. There's one green solid and a tiny bit of hand-dyed coral, pink and blue. I'm now officially out of solid.

Curve Piece Strip quilt

First I pulled some fabric.

First fabric pull

Then I culled it.

Starting fabrics

The colors in this set were too limited so I added a few fabrics back in. I cut 6.5" widths then subcut into wedges.

Enjoy the day, Ann

No comments: